Operations will begin in Monrovia, and after an initial period of approximately two years, extend into other under-served areas of Liberia.
Diaconia MDI is based on the Christian diaconal principle of service to those in need. The purpose of the institution is to improve the livelihood of the poor by developing inclusive financial services to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises in order to transform lives, build communities, and expand opportunities.
- To be a leader in the socio-economic development efforts of the people of Liberia
- To offer inclusive, customer-driven financial services that embolden the poor to pursue their dreams
- Christian service
- Passion, respect, and dedication to customer service
- Creativity and innovation
The success of the bank shall be based on the following main objectives:
- Operational and financial sustainability
- Loan portfolio quality
- Savings mobilization
- Number of clients served
- Job creation in enterprises served
It is proposed that a minimum of 51% of the shares will be owned by AMAS. National shareholders in Liberia are invited to invest up to 17% of the share capital, while we invite others to own up to 32% of the share capital.
For many years, through its microfinance institutions, AMAS has gained substantial expertise in establishing MFIs in challenging markets. One most experienced loan officer from Diaconia-Frif in Bolivia will be part of the start-up team in Liberia.